Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Excuse me... are you sleeping on the reserved seat?

Have you read the news about Senior citizen shames young man using social media?

I used to commute a lot on the MRT during my last year in NTU and the first few years when I started working.  My journey was about 1 hr, from Tampines to Boon Lay. That is not near in Singapore terms.  I would try to find a seat at the furthest end of the train so that it is less likely that people in need of the seat will go there.  I also preferred the reserved seat as there is the glass panel to lean against so that my head would not "move" when I sleep.  I admit that I will sian 1/2 when a person in need of the seat appeared, but I will always give up my seat... unless I really konked out, which can really happened when I'm tired.

What I wanted to say is how about all the other abled young people sitting down and not sleeping?  Yes, they may not be sitting on the reserved seat, but that does not mean that they dont have to give up their seat if someone needs it more.  Why is this Mr Wang picking on this young man who is sleeping?  What is the whole row of people sitting down doing? I am sure there is someone who is young and not sleeping.  Mr Wang should pick on that person instead.  I think people who saw this Mr Wang limping in but continue to sit and read newspapers, play games, etc are much worst.

I've met people like that... Army boy playing PSP on reserved seat
    

No comments:

Post a Comment