Thursday, June 9, 2011

Snack Time

I am always looking for new healthy and tasty snacks for Kiiron.  I know that we are not suppose to encourage our little tots to take so much titbits but we adults also cannot stop ourselves from munching right?  As long as the snacks are not too high in salt content and he takes it in moderation, I'm not too particular.  Kiiron is not a food lover so I'll let him have whatever he wants to eat, if he is intereted.


Great! Here's the evidence I needed to proof that I'm not dreaming up this myself.  In fact I think this applies for 1-99 years old.  More than 25% of my calories came from snacks!

Snacks are also essential items to pack when we are travelling, especially when they get older.  I need lots of snacks to keep him seated during the flight, especially during take-off and landing.  Munching on snacks helps to relief the ear pressure too.

Here are what we found recently.

Freeze Dried Mini Fruits
Available at NTUC ($6.95) and Cold Storage Drie($7.20) in 2 flavors. (Apple / Banana Strawberry).  I find it a bit pricy though and the volume is really little, especially so when mummy is munching on it too!  I prefer the Banana Strawberry one more, we already finished 4 packs of it.



Lil' Crunchies
I ordered this together with my iHerb parcel.  I haven't seen this in Singapore's shops yet.  It's basically an ang-mo version of our childhood favourite snack, Chickadee... without so much MSG and salt.  There's several flavors but Veggie Dip is the only one available when I placed my orders.  Kiiron is not so hot over this and ate like about 10 pcs only.  Kippy and I finished up the rest.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment