Sunday, October 2, 2011

Eating Out With My Toddler... NYDC

I eat out with my boy most of the time after he crossed the "ok to eat outside food" official age of 12 months. Most of the restuarants in Singapore provide some form of kids cutleries and high chair, so eating out is not much of an issue. Many places provide very reasonable kid's menu.
 

FAQ 1: Who said 12 months is the official "ok to eat outside food" age?
Ans: Hmm... I dont know and I didnt ask!

FAQ 2: Am I concern about the excessive intake of salt, oil and MSG?
Ans: Yes, of course! I will try to "wash" the food in warm water if I find them too salty or oily and I usually leave out the soup or gravy.

FAQ 3: What sort of food do you order for your boy?
Ans: Usually I will check out the kids menu first and see if they have any interesting food. Most of the time he will share my food. I will have to order something non-spicy for him though. It is important to make a conscious effort to maintain a well balance diet while eating out. Meaning that there shall be protein, fiber and carbohydrate for each meal. I find that it is easy to forget about the greens when eating outside.


Here's the food that I ordered for my boy while eating out...

02 October 2011: NYDC @ Tampines One.
We ordered the chicken little spaggy and they are considered enough to cut the spag into short length.
No drinks included in the meal

Stay tuned to "Eating out with kids"... I will share more as and when I remembered to take pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment