Thursday, July 28, 2011

Operation Library

Today is the 10th day in childcare for Bay and he went for his 1st field trip. Since he started childcare, there were already 1 planned field trip but we didn't allow him to go for the earlier one to Botanic Garden (for a picnic) as we felt that he is not ready for field trip yet. He is always fooling around when he is out with us, what if his teachers could not control him and what if he run onto the roads?

His 1st field trip was to the Tampines Regional Library. It was his 1st time in any library. Err... I had never stepped into a library since I finished school and it is an unlikely place for our weekly outings. Poor Bay does not even have a library card, so I had to rush to the library last night to make the card for him.

They walked to the library from their school, which is usually a 10 mins walk for adults, but it seems like a long walk for toddlers. With their legs so short, our 1 step is like their 3 steps!

It took a lot of courage for me to finally signed on the consent form... to let him go out on his own... without his mother hen watching his every move... (well at least not openly). I know I had to let him take his baby steps towards independence. My little guy is preparing to leave the nest! (ok, I'm over-reacting)

Well, the sneaky and concerned mama made plans to spy on her baby and watch him from far. I roped Grandma in and she volunteered to be stationed under his childcare centre. I was waiting in my car near the library. The plan was that when Grandma spotted him moving towards the library, she will alert me and follow behind them.  I will drive nearer to watch him. Perfect plan! But there was a small glitch though... Grandma spotted a group of LSH kids walking towards the library and she immediately called me while she secretly followed them. But when I finally saw the group near the library, Bay was not in that group! I supposed all the kids looked the same in their uniform. So poor Grandma got to run back to the school and wait for the 2nd group.

姨姨 was also very concerned about him and decided to take a cab down from her office to join in the "Operation Library". She was stationed at the Bus interchange.

Positions of the 3 agents along the 650m route

About 9:45 am
Bay's group started to walk towards the library.

About 10:00 am
Bay spotted at Tampines Bus Interchange. These are the pics taken from Agent 姨姨 cam. She was hiding behind a pillar but Agent 姨姨 claimed that Bay saw her handphone cover and recognised it! It appeared that he was looking at the cam in both the pics.

Can you see him? Holding onto teacher's hand like a good boy!

About 10:15 am
They were walking so slowly! Finally reached the road crossing where Agent Mama was stationed. Pics taken from Agent Mama's cam...


Agent Mama took videos too.
To the library...

About 11:15 am
From the Library...
     
Operation Library was a success with online updates to everyone in our Family Group chat on Whatsapp! (Even papa got all the live updates in Shanghai!) Thank you to all agents. It's a "创举" on my part too, in the library 2 days in a row!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment